Seasoned startup community mapper Shane Reiser tells us why he thinks it’s super important to measure the elusive startup community.
Here are his points:
- Save the dying startups – Reiser suggests that it might be more efficient to save a dying startup than to focus on creating more entrepreneurs
- Find the success stories – then tell them!
- Measure impact – not everything is measurable but we should gather as much data as we can to make better decisions
- Raise awareness of programs and services for entrepreneurs – by mapping out the resources
- Benchmark and compare – it is super important to measure against past performance
- Unite the community – by far, the biggest perceived problem in startup communities is fragmentation