Brave Launch is back again this year! The Illinois Small Business Development Center (SBDC) staff at Bradley University provides the management and instruction for this business accelerator program.
Applications are being accepted from corporate innovation companies who are in need of developing a sustainable innovation process to create growth for their organization’s future. This program also offers startup businesses a platform for developing new products, services or service models. In this 7 week, intensive program, learn tools and skills that will take your business to new heights.
Program runs Sept 24 – Nov 7. Deadline to apply is 5pm on Monday, August 26.
Participant Benefits include:
- Discovering the real business opportunity for your idea.
- Learning and networking with mentors, advisers, entrepreneurs, and investors.
- Gaining knowledge of what it takes to launch a business.
- Development of a Business Model Canvas.
- Meeting prospective partners that can help you move your idea forward.
- Saving time and money by accelerating your business launch.
- After the Brave Launch program concludes, teams will have access to the new Brave Launch Extended co-working space at no cost for a limited time. This co-working space located at the Peoria Next Innovation Center is exclusively for the use of alumni of the Brave Launch accelerator program.
Brave Launch Highlights:
- Designed to assist entrepreneurs accelerate the startup and innovation process through innovative curriculum and real-world interaction.
- This program works for startups, small businesses, and corporate innovation teams and is available to everyone.
- Emphasizes the search for a successful business model.
- Taught by entrepreneurs and an instructor who has attended the National Science Foundation’s I-Corps Lean LaunchPad training.
- The curriculum is based off of the NSF’s I-Corps program and Steve Blank’s Lean LaunchPad Stanford University class, which has been successfully rolled out at several research and higher education institutions across the country.
- The approach focuses on lean methodologies and customer discovery using the business model canvas as the primary tool for developing a scalable and repeatable business model.
- Teams will accelerate their startup process by testing business hypotheses on the very first day. They will get out of the building to talk to customers, partners, and competitors, rather than relying on secondary market research and creating the standard business plan.
- The program entails seven weeks of class and business model development. The first week is an intensive three days of classroom and out of the classroom activity. It is followed up with a weekly evening class that culminates in an awards and investor pitch day.