Government in the Greater Peoria area provides data, low-interest loans, mentorship programs, financial assessments, business development programs, strategy training, and more for local startups.
Illinois Small Business Development Center
Illinois Small Business Development Centers are located throughout the state and provide information, confidential business guidance, training and other resources to start-up and existing small businesses.
- One-on-one business advice and management assistance
- Assistance with the development of business plans
- Help with accessing market information and the development of marketing plans
- Assistance with accessing business financing programs
- Assistance with financial analysis and planning
- Access to business education and training opportunities
- Specialized services in technology, innovation and entrepreneurial development
Illinois Angel Investment Credit Program
The Illinois Angel Investment Credit Program attracts and encourages investment dollars into early-stage, innovative companies throughout Illinois. Investments provide these companies with much needed access to working capital to further their growth and success in our state. Tax credits are allocated throughout the year and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
The DCEO provides many resources for startup companies in Illinois, including small business assistance, ITCs, SBDCs, ADME, and more.